Positions are full-time and include: State benefits, paid time off, holiday pay, health insurance, life insurance and State retirement.
Applications and job descriptions are available in the City Clerk's office located at City Hall. Hours of operation are Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00.
The City of Geneva is an equal opportunity employer, participates in e-verify and a drug free workplace.
Job Sources and Training Opportunities in Geneva/Wiregrass
Websites for local jobs:
1. joblink.alabama.gov- click on "Find a Job" / "Qick Job Search" - enter location and put in mileage radius
2. indeed.com- www.indeed.com - This is the world's #1 job search website- put in location and any key words relative to job specifics
3. Alabama Insustrial Development Training-Alabama's training and pre-employment job training program- www.aidt.edu -click on job seekers
4. Dothan Eagle - www.dothaneagle.com - click on Jobs
Local Employment Service Agency/Companies:
1. Dothan Career Center - joblink.alabama.gov - 334-792-2121
2. Express Employment Professionals - 334-671-1315 - www.expresspros.com
3. Ford Finders Employment Services - 334-446-5319
4. Kelly Services - 334-671-0047 -www.kellyservices.com
5. Manpower - 334-794-7564 -www.us.manpower.com
6. Personnel Resources - 334-794-8722 -www.partnerwithexperts.com
7. ResourceMFG - 334-523-8969 - www.resourcemfg.com
Workforce Development Services/Courses:
1. Wallace Community College's Center for Economic and Workforce Development-GED/computer skills/soft skills/technical skills/continuing adult education/Ready to Work - 334-983-35221- http;//www.wallace.edu/community_services.aspx services / workforce development
2. Alfred Saliba Family Services Center - Community Career Development / Small business assistance/ Camp Hire - 334-712-1542- www.salibacenter.org
New and On-going Training Opportunities
1. Agriculture and diesel technicians- Wallace Community College is scheduled to begin a 1 year program in May 2016. Employment opportunities at local tractor dealerships and trucking companies. Costs will be associated.
2. Sheet metal workers - Wallace Community College is scheduled to begin a program to train sheet metal worker. Classes set to begin in 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year. Costs will be associated.
3. Machining program - AIDT set to begin in 2nd or 3rd month training program in April 2016. Employment opportunities at local machine shops. No costs for selected participants.
4. CJet Academy - on going training for jobs at Commercial Jet - apply at www.aidt.edu; nest class set to begin April 8 and classes every 8 weeks till end of 2016; Please note that soft skills and some industrial related technical skills are necessary. No costs for selected participants.